Friday, April 28, 2006

New Beginnings

What a crazy past few days! I guess moving overseas is just not easy. We finally got the title transferred to my stepdad's name on Wednesday, but that was a freaking mission! On the same day, the people from PakMail picked up the crate with all the wedding gifts and some more of my stuff, it is supposed to arrive in London in 4-6 weeks.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I flew from Miami to London for good. I thought that since I had been living in Italy for the past two and half years and in DC for two years before that, that It would be easy to just leave again, but I was wrong. After kissing my family goodbye at the airport, I just bawled walking to the security line. Once on the plane, I started bawling again, which got Matt crying. I felt sad. I guess the reason I felt this way this time was because when I lived in Italy I know it was only temporary and that I'd be back in the US in just over two years, but it is more definite this time. I am here to stay and there is no telling when I'll live close to my family again, if ever.

I know that we all must make sacrifices in life, but that doesn't make the process any easier. This is the second time I move to a different country indefinitely, I was 14 the first time and I was simply following my parents. This time I am following my husband, and while I obviously love this man very much ( I moved half way across the world for him), I can't help but wonder if I made the right choice. After all, being realistic and all, a blood bond is very difficult to break but marriages do often fail. I don't want mine to fail and I am not going into this thinking that it will but.....what if it does? What do I do then? Yes, I am scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home