Saturday, March 10, 2007

Domestic Goddess....NOT!




Every now and then, I get the urge to bake something. Sometimes I make cookies, sometimes I make scones. Today, I decided I wanted to make cupcakes. Just out of the blue, I told Matt to find a cupcake recipe in a cupcake book I have. I was in the mood for just plain vanilla cupcakes with frosting. He made a shopping list, which he then forgot to bring to the store. Luckily, he remembered what we needed.

Just like every other time I bake anything, I came to the conclusion that it would be MUCH easier if I had a mixer, specially a Kitchenaid. I keep telling myself that if I had a Kitchenaid mixer, I'd bake much more often. Creaming butter with a fork is no easy task!

Just as I put the cupcakes in the oven, I realized I had used 2oz of butter less than the recipe called for. I blame it on the recipe, it called for sticks of butter and I had to do the math to convert it to ounces. I knew I needed 8oz but for some reason I can't explain, I only used 6oz. I was freaking out a bit but then I realized, hey, what's the worst that could happen?

The truth is, they weren't the best I've had but they weren't bad either. They would have been a bit more moist had I used the right amount of butter but they are good anyway, specially with the butter frosting and the sprinkles. To me, eating the baked goods is not as much fun as actually baking them. I love to cook and I love to bake. I really should do it more often. That I blame on my small kitchen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look really nice!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home