Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sore Mother's Day

Yesterday was our UK wedding reception. I was actually a nice lunch with some of Matt's family and a couple of our friends. There were 14 of us so it was very small. At the beginning of the lunch, just before I sat down, I went to the restroom. All was well in there but I almost fell coming down the stairs. I was only on the second step from the top and somehow my legs just turned into Jell-O and bent forwards. My entire body went along with it but I managed to hold on to the railing with my left arm. If I had actually fallen, it would not have been pretty. The stairs were pretty steep and I was at the top, I would have at least broken a leg. Not a great start to any social event if you ask me. Luckily I didn't fall and no one saw it.

The rest of the day went great. We ate good food, drank good wine and just had a jolly good time, as the Brits would put it. After a very long lunch, it last well over 3 hours, we went to Matt's parents' house for some cake. The cake was very pretty. It was made by one of my mother in law's friends. It was white with blue ribbon around it. The icing was fondant and it had a picture frame made of sugar with a picture of us from the wedding in it. it also had a camera on tripod and a camera bag next to it, all made of sugar. It was very pretty. The only downside was that it was a fruitcake, which is traditional English wedding cake and I don't like fruitcake. Luckily, there was an alternative to it, a lovely sponge cake with jam filling.

This morning I woke up and I realized my right leg and my left shoulder blade were incredibly sore. So much so that it makes it very difficult to walk, not to mention going up or down steps. At first I couldn't figure out why I was sore and then I realized it is the aftermath of yesterday's stairs incident. I have been limping all day and Matt has had to carry me down some steps. While I do like the attention, I do not like the pain, it sucks.

It is Mother's Day in the US and I have been trying to call my mom all day and I haven't been able to get through. I just sent her an email, I hope she gets it today but i really doubt it.

This evening we met up with a couple of friends and two DPCers from Spain for a meal at a Chinese restaurant. We ate A LOT of food and had a good time, it's always nice to meet new people and to get out of the house and talk to someone other than Matt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home