Wednesday, March 21, 2007

One Year Down!

Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary. I still can't believe it's been a whole year since the wedding. It feels like it was only yesterday we were saying our I do's and going on honeymoon. I wonder where time has gone.

They say that the first year of marriage is the most difficult and I hope so. Our first year brought along its share of trials and tribulations and I honest to goodness hope that is as bad as it will get. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never doubted my decision to get married and it would also be very misleading to those who are thinking about tying the knot. It's not all ups, sometimes there are very deep downs.

No one ever tells you that you may at some point during your first year or marriage, and perhaps later on, doubt your decisions, wonder what the hell you have done or worse.......no one ever tells you that at some point, you are pretty likely to panic, out of the blue, and want to run for the hills leaving everything behind and whispering that taboo phrase to yourself...."I think I want a divorce."

No one ever tells you that the person who you thought was your soul mate will drive you absolutely insane at one point or another. No one ever tells you that they will rub you the wrong way and get on your last nerve. I wish someone had told me that I would come to, at times, resent my husband for decisions that I had made on my own only because he was the only person I could blame aside from myself.

So I will tell you, all those things happen. They happen to the best and most secure of us. We are afraid of change and even when we willingly face changes, they tend to freak us out. All of us. I seriously doubt there is a single person out there who has never gone through any of this, no matter how much they love their spouse...which I certainly do.

I will also tell you that it does pass, and if you stick it out, you will be rewarded. I'm still amazed that I have found someone that despite my moodiness and other problems, loves me. I'm also amazed to find that I love him too, despite all his issues, those who I knew prior to our wedding and those I have found out later on. The truth is, he's not perfect, but neither am I. At the end of the day, I love coming home to him. I love sharing my life with such an extraordinary man. I love it that he makes me happy despite everything and that I, too, am able to make him happy. He's the only constant thing in my life and I don't know what I would do if he was to go away.

On a more cheery note! We went to The Ritz in London for dinner last night to celebrate. We had the most amazing meal ever. We specially liked the Chateaubriand that we shared. That was one of the best steaks I've had in my life! The food was amazing, the service was amazing, the setting was too. The whole experience was just incredible. We made the effort to look nice and I sure felt like a million bucks! Matt looked great in his suit and I looked pretty damn good too.....if I can say so myself ;)

Ah.....if only we could afford to eat at The Ritz at least every month! A girl can dream ;)

Darling, I love you and I am looking forward to many, many, many more anniversaries!!!


PS. There is a book called "What No One Tells The Bride" by Marg Stark that I highly recommend! There is another one called "I do, I did, Now what?" by Jenny Lee that is very good too. They are both light reading and pretty short books.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home