Monday, March 20, 2006

Go!...




I have been awake since 6:00 am and dozing between then and 8 am. I kept having weird dreams. I dreamed I was still in the navy and I had been selected to go on the first manned mission to Mars and it was happening tomorrow. In my dream, I kept reminding myself "The wedding is tomorrow! I can't go to Mars! How am I gonna tell Matt and my family I am not gonna be able to make it??" bizarre, huh? I don't know what to make of it but the fact that I kept reminding myself I had my own wedding to go to was a good sign.

We finally got out of bed at around 8:30 am, showered, packed our stuff and got ready for the rehearsal. We went to the Gables Diner for the rehearsal brunch where our families met for the first time, thankfully it went well. After brunch we headed to the church. When we got there it was packed because of several christenings that had happened just before. We had to wait a while for the minister who then kicked people out of the church so we could rehearse. We went over the details of the walking up and down the aisle and practiced. I just smiled down the aisle, it just felt so weird to be doing this. I can't wait till tomorrow so we can do it for real. The minister also signed and dated the marriage license (tomorrow's date) and had the witnesses sign.

I needed my nails done so I went back to the mall and took Matt along with me. I got my crystal gel nails and Matt got his polish redone cause it was chipping. We then went to dinner with Matt's parents and his uncle and his girlfriend. The food was awesome and Matt's uncle gave us a very generous wedding present.

Now I am sitting in the hotel room I will be getting prepped in tomorrow and the one Matt and I will spend our first night as a married couple. I am feeling a bit guilty about sleeping on that bed without him. I am ready for tomorrow to come and become a Mrs.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home