Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The List Keeps Getting Shorter....




Today has actually been a very productive day. I bought a box of Rit Dye yesterday to dye my crinoline. I want it to dye it light blue and the closest color I could find was Evening Blue. I was a little hesitant, but this morning I went ahead and took the plunge, literally. I followed the instructions on the box for the washer dying method. After the dying and washing process was over, the slip was severely tie-dyed even though I had untwisted it during the dying process. The color was nice though.

I went back to Michaels and bought another box of the dye and did everything again. This time the color was much more even (almost perfect) but a bit darker. It's still nice and bright though. However, the fabric didn't withstand the second cycle in the washer and it tore at the seams on one side. Thankfully, the damage is easily fixable and no one will see my crinoline that upclose and personal anyway, besides Matt and he's already seen it cause he helped me dye it.

Last night I printed everything for the programs and it took us the better part of the day today to actually assemble them, but finally they are completely finished. They came out nice too, I'm pleased with them.

I have gotten the final invoice for the reception venue, which turned out to be much less than we had budgeted for; But then again, only 57 of the 82 people we invited are coming. I have typed a list of the things we will be giving the coordinator for the day of the wedding to set up and what everything is for, how to set it up, etc. I hope she doesn't think I'm a pain in the ass. If we had all day to set this up I would do it myself in the morning but we can only get in at 4pm and that's when the ceremony starts.

There are still a lot of things to do but I am making progress and that makes me happy. Today's been one of those days for Matt and he's just been here but not really, if you know what I mean. I think all this spanish and non-familiarity is getting to him. I feel sorry for him and I understand completely but there is really not much I can do and today I felt like he was kinda taking it out on me. Tomorrow is brand new day, we'll see what happens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Wednesday *was* a much better day for me :o)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and for the record, I wasn't taking it out on you, I was more kinda zoned out, which is just me.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home