Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wedding Shower, Etc




It seems like I just can't quite catch up lately. I haven't been blogging as often as I used to but I haven't necessarily been busy, just lazy. Saturday was my bridal shower, well, ours because it was a Jack and Jill, boys and girls. My parents left for Miami, where the shower took place, on Friday, so Friday afternoon and Saturday morning we had the house to ourselves ;) We left for the shower on Saturday morning and got there around 12:30pm

My mom had put 1:00pm on the invitations but we weren't expecting anyone to show up at that time, after all, they are all on Cuban time (eg. 1-3 hours behind). However, out of the people that had said would go, only my family and some friends showed up. We got 4 gifts and lots of food since my mom bought food for about 40 people. The cake was delicious and the rice and plantains too. So much for my low carb diet!

We didn't wanna stay in Miami that night so we drove back up right after the shower was over. We were exhausted so we pretty much went straight to bed.

We have actually done a lot of the stuff we needed to do. We have chased all the missing RSVPs, made the sitting chart, printed the programs and have them ready to be assembled, bought Matt's 2nd suit for the cruise, we have bought the baskets for the programs, etc. Quite a bit done, I'm glad about that because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with so much to do. We also finished the menu cards.

Today was my 2nd dress fitting and the dress still needs a lot to be done. First of all, it was too long and I couldn't walk without tripping over it. When I tried it on for the 1st fitting I wore a Victoria's Secret corset kinda bra but it was too tight and I decided I just could not wear that all day so I decided to wear the Spanx bodysuit instead. Because of that, the dress was still quite big around my bust so they have to fix that too. I tried a regular strapless bra but the dress is too low in the back so that didn't work either. In the end the seamstress decided it would be better to sew bra cups into the dress for fullness and comfort. The only other problem, which seems unsolvable, is the design at the bottom of the dress. I am too short so some of it gets lost in the hem. I thought they would undo it and move it up but she says it's not worth it. I am not happy about that but there is not much I can do. Now I have to go back on Monday for a 3rd, and hopefully final, fitting. I'm crossing my fingers that will be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home