Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rules Are Rules

Today has just been "one of those days". Nothing tragic, nothing bad, just bizarre. It was all peachy until the afternoon when I returned from having had lunch with Matt. When I came home, I logged on to one of the sites that I usually frequent. Someone has posted a question about whether a specific procedure was allowed in the site or not. I responded in a very civilized way that it wasn't I even quoted the site rules, etc. But what do you know, someone goes on a tells this person that while it's not technically allowed, he should go ahead and break the rules because his intentions are pure. WTF??? Mind you, this is a site where we compete against each other in contests so breaking the rules isn't just breaking the rules, it's cheating.

Well, this thread evolved into much more than the original poster ever had intended. I obviously have very strong views on this cheating issue but what bothered me the most was that someone would actually say that it is OK even though you are fully conscious you are breaking the rules and cheating.

Then somehow I got sucked into another controversial subject. I really felt like a bitch after a while but these things just get to me. I need to learn to just let stuff like this bounce off. But then again, I have always been one to fight for what I believe in till the end.......which isn't always good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home