Saturday, March 31, 2007

Strawberry Planting Success



I finally planted the strawberry plants today. I suspect it might have a riot for anyone watching me; it certainly was for Matt. At first, I tried to handle the compost with a small gardening shovel as to not get my hands dirty or make a mess but I failed at the latter. Matt had enough of me being so "delicate" so he came to the balcony and dug his hands in the bag of compost while I screamed "NO!!! You are wearing your ring!! He laughed and kept at it. Not to be outdone by him, I dug in too, all the time thinking "I can't believe I have my hands in a bag of rotten food leftovers"

The operation was successful and quick and I, well we, were able to plant all the little plants. At first we thought the pot wasn't going to get much sun in the balcony but it turns out that after 2pm, the that corner gets plenty of sun, specially now that the days are longer. If needed, however, we'll put it down in the garden. Let's see if they plants die or what.

I have tons of compost left and I enjoyed the planting process so I think I'm going to plant carrots or something tomorrow! Now I'm starting to feel like Martha Stewart.....scary.

PS. Yesterday's soup was DELISH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home