Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sifting through the past.....aka my junk

I knew there was a reason I never actually did any spring cleanings.......I hate it! I am in the process of getting ready for the movers on Wednesday and it's just madness. I am throwing away stuff I absolutely don't need and deciding what I'm actually carrying with me and live off for the next 3 + months and what to have shipped with the household goods....not that a barracks room qualifies as a household mind you.

I think I have the clothes down to a reasonable amount and I am bringing only 10 pairs of shoes.....sacrilege! That is less than I brought to a 2 week vacation last July....LOL....Matt is impressed. Even then, I still have my camera stuff, computer stuff, CDs, accessories, etc to set aside. I will no doubt need more than the huge suitcase I've already put clothes into, but that was to be expected.

Looking for the suitcase down in the basement, I found some summer clothes that actually fit and the dress I wore to the homecoming dance on my senior year.....it fits! OK, it would have been slightly big 10 months ago but hey....I can't believe I can get into clothes I wore as a teenager. The dress is actually a simple dress so I will be wearing it for formal nights on the honeymoon cruise. I would have probably found more stuff down there if I had gone through more boxes but the lights kept going out after I'd turn them on and it was really creepy so I left. Tomorrow is another day of packing, chucking, etc and I am not looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home