Monday, February 06, 2006

Body And Spirit

Friday night I flew out to London one last time before leaving Italy. The flight was uneventful as usual. I was the first person at passport control, I always am. I've done this route so many times that I know every trick there is to get the best seats, to avoid the lines, etc. The immigration officer asked a lot of questions as they always do. I felt like telling him "This is the last time I'm entering as a tourist. Next time I'm staying......sucker!" but I didn't.....I don't think he would have been amused. I had brought some luggage for Matt to take to the US so I had to wait at baggage claim, which I hate. I just hate waiting at airports, in and out is my thing, no wasted time. Matt was waiting at the arrivals lounge, with a huge smile, as usual. Everything went just like it always does, except this time was different.....it was the last time.

We didn't do much all weekend. As a matter of fact, we didn't go even to the front door until this morning. We just stayed in bed and talked, laughed, ate, surfed the web. This was out last time together until he comes to Florida for the wedding so we just wanted to enjoy each other's company while we could.

I was supposed to fly back to Naples on Sunday but when Sunday came around I just couldn't bring myself to leave. I wanted to spend more time with him so I changed my flight to Monday. This made us both very happy because we'd have one more night together, the last until March 1st. I don't know about him, but even though I was happy, I was sad too. I don't wanna go back to the US and leave him in London. We have gone 3 weeks without seeing each other but it's different this time, I don't know why.

The upside to all this is that next time we are together, it will be for good. No more being apart, no more flying back and forth just to spend a handful of days together, no more long distance. Next time I'm in that bed, I will be a married woman, as Matt happily pointed out. This last stretch of being apart is gonna be hard, but I know we can do it, specially when there is something so important and exciting to look forward to. This morning we said our farewells like we'd be apart for years. It was somewhat funny but very moving. We just couldn't let go of each other. Matt was out of bedroom and then came back to give me another hug...lol...

Now my body is back in Naples, but I'm not really here. I am still in London. I am still in that room, at least my spirit is.

Is it March yet????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home