Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dust and World Hunger

One more day of preparations. After my appointment with the Command Master Chief this morning, where I lied about what I liked and didn't like about this command, I decided it was time clean this room up and get it ready for the final inspection. I put it off as long as I could but considering I'm flying out in 4 days, I really had no choice. My boss had recommended that I hire one of the maids to clean up after I've packed everything but the truth is I will probably leave packing everything till the last minute because there is just things I need to use while I'm here, like undies and deodorant for example, so, waiting to hire a maid was just not an option, not to mention I'd be ashamed to let anyone see my mess.

I started in the kitchen, emptying out the pantry. It broke my heart to throw all that food away, but no one wanted it so there's not much I could have done. I thought about all those children dying of hunger in Africa and I felt so bad. Here I am throwing perfectly good food away when there's millions of people in the world who haven't had a meal in days. There's not even a charity bin here, nowhere to donate the nonperishable foods, nothing. I know that one woman alone can't fix the world hunger problem, as a matter of fact, I know that there will always be world hunger but I also know that what I did today happens on a regular basis in many First World households. If all those people donated those goods instead, we could at least help some people. I wonder if people even realize what they are doing when they do such things, I wonder if they ever feel guilty, if the images of starving and malnourished children on the verge on being lunch for the vultures cross their minds. I can't help but wonder.

After that came the much dreaded dusting. I dusted everything and I was AMAZED at the amount of dust that there was in here. Not really surprised though, specially considering I don't dust very often. I swept and mopped the floor which was pretty dirty as well. Gosh, from all this you'd think I'm a pig, but in my defense, I do clean, it's just that I've been very busy lately with this whole shenanigan.

I left my printer here when the movers took my things because once in the US I want to print the rest of the wedding stationary with it. My mom has a printer by I only trust mine. I tried to box it up to mail it but the box I had was too small.....lol.....typical. Tomorrow I'll get a bigger box and put some other things in there and mail it, hopefully it will make it in one piece.

I still haven't sold my car. I get the feeling the poor sucker is going back to the US on Friday and that I'm 2k out. I'll try to sell it there but I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't. It's a good car and it would really break my heart to have to scrap it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home