Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cold Get-Together

Last night, after having gone the Williamsburg area and back twice, the car needed refueling. I drove up to a Citgo and for the first time in two and a half years I had to pump my own gas. I grabbed the pump all the way to the left because it's the cheapest. I tried putting the nozzle in the tank but it just wouldn't fit. H0w hard can it be to pump gas?? Turns out it was the diesel nozzle. Had it not been because it didn't fit in the tank, I would have put diesel in the car. That would not have been pretty.

I went home and after some reading fell asleep. At 4 in the morning I got woken up by the noise made by one of my roommates when she came in. She always does that, nevermind that there's people sleeping. I can't wait to leave the place. When I got up at around 10, I made absolutely no effort to be quiet while I made my breakfast. I scrambled some eggs on the microwave and I bet that beeping was bugging her. An eye for an eye.

I was supposed to meet with some people at noon so i got in the car and following directions from MapQuest, and with the help of Matt, I made it to Downtown Norfolk and to the Nauticus. It was freezing, nice weather but freezing. We went on board the battleship USS Wisconsin, the biggest and last battleship built by the US Navy. We got a tour of the main deck. The water on the deck was frozen so it must have been at least 32 degrees. After that we just walked around downtown and made one big loop. We had lunch at Johnny Rockets and I didn't even have ONE fry. I am being so good! Almost 4 hours later we ended up back where we started at the Nauticus. We said goodbye and went our separate ways.

Norfolk really has nothing going for it. It is by far the most boring city I have ever been to, hands down. You'd think that it would have more entertainment, sights, etc since it is home to the largest naval base in the world, but no. Even Downtown (if you can call it that) was dead. It may just be because it's winter, but then, it's just boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home