Saturday, February 18, 2006

Daytrip

Last night, after much debate, I finally rented a car. My first stop after picking it up was Walmart, not because I needed to do any shopping but because I needed a cell phone. Calls with my British phone are outrageously expensive. I got a cheap pay as you go T Mobile phone.

Today, after muster, I headed off to Colonial Williamsburg. On the way there, I had to keep reminding myself to slow down because there actually is an enforced speed limit here. I am not in Naples anymore. Even then, I made it there in about 45 minutes, which I hear is a bit fast. It started out as an overcast and drizzly day but by the early afternoon it had turned into a nice, warm day with blue skies and fluffy clouds. Colonial Williamsburg was great and of course the highlight of the day was the parade behind the Courthouse with the drums, cannons, etc.

I think I may go to Jamestowne Settlement tomorrow, depending on the weather. It doesn't really look promising, they say there will be about one inch of snow and ice accumulated and it's suppose to drizzle/snow all day. The days when I haven't had a car have been wonderful........just my luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home