Friday, May 19, 2006

Just When You Think....

....you have SOME things figured out, you take another blow. This morning I was feeling a bit down to the fact that I have been actively persuing photography work for a while and I haven't been able to find anything so I thought I'd post a bit of a rant on a forum I frequent. I was so much ranting, what I was truly looking for was to hear other wedding photographers' start up stories, mostly for encouragement.

I mentioned that it has been a painfully slow process for me that sometimes I second guessed my decision to become a full time professional wedding photographer. It seems some people have a hard time remember how THEY started and admitting that at one point or another they too second guessed themselves.

Then somehow my business name came up. Photos By June. Apparently, according to my fellow UK photographers, sounds like a granny name, naff, and just inadequate. Some even went as far as saying that if they looking for a wedding photography, they'd stay away from any business named Photos By June. I am torn because I like the name but I also want to "fit in" They recommended I just use my name with Photography at the end, but to me that sounds very impersonal, I don't know why. I wanted a more intimate name, which is why I chose Photos By June. Then someone decided I should milk my Cuban heritage by incorporating it into my business name somehow. So now I am left with a domain name, a handful of people who I have given my photosbyjune.com email address and some shattered ideas. I am trying to come up with different names but I am not sure what I'll do in the end.

On a more positive note though, I have been "booked" for a wedding on September 16th! I am very excited about this and the bride sounds very nice. I hope this is just the first of many, many more to come. So, if you live in the UK and need a wedding photographer........I'm your woman! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home