Friday, September 22, 2006

Now You See It.........Now You Don't

What a day! Today I got fed up with not having a proper dining room set. I was tired of eating on a garden table and chair set. I'd had enough. I took a little trip to Ikea and solved that problem right up. They couldn't deliver today so they are delivering tomorrow, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise since I would need more than a couple of hours to get the dining room ready for a real table.

You probably don't know this, mostly because I am ashamed of it myself, but our dining room was a mess. We have been living in this apartment for 4 months but I still had heaps of boxes in the dining room, full of junk. It was a real mess, even for me. So, I got home and I started tidying up. I thought it would take me a couple of hours but it actually took me close to 6 hours, including mopping. It was insane and I am exhausted but man, it was worth it.

The dining room went from this:


To this:



I am no longer ashamed of the way my house looks, which incidentally, was another deciding factor in the matter. Matt's parents are stopping by tomorrow morning and I couldn't let them see the pigsty that this place used to be. Now I can't wait to build the new dining room set!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome June!Man I am loving those floors. Hopefully I can start working towards moving sooner rather than later. Tico would love me to get wood floors for her. :)

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home