Sunday, April 01, 2007

More Planting and More Cooking.



Carrots, Week 1



We went out and bought those carrot seeds and planter today. We went to B&Q for a change and I have to say I wasn't impressed. After lunch at TGI Fridays (confirmed....they are the same everywhere!), we came home, put dinner in the oven and went downstairs to plant the carrots. It was a little less intimidating for me this time but of course it brought its own little issues to the equation.

I put dinner in the oven at 3:30pm because I made a beef roast with potatoes and carrots in a clay baker that required 30 minutes of soaking and 4.5 hours of slow cooking at a very low temperature. When I opened the pot and poked the meat, I couldn't believe how incredibly tender it was; so much so that I didn't even need a knife to carve it, I just pulled it apart. The veg were very tender and sweet too. I have to say I am impressed with this clay cooking thing, I wasn't so sold on the idea but I can see why people get hooked on it, you can make even a cheap cut of meat taste like heaven. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home