Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Withdrawals



This morning, after my interview with the Commanding Officer, I came home to the most horrible experience of the past few weeks........my ADSL and phone line had been disconnected. I stopped breathing for a few seconds. I wasn't ready for that, not just yet. I had asked them to disconnect it TOMORROW. So, I finally got a hold of myself and sent Matt a text message over the cell phone saying......"My ADSL and phone line have gone, now what???" LOL

In a way, this was a good thing because I still needed to do some more cleaning for the pre inspection today. So, I got down to it. I scrubbed the tub, the toilet, the sink, etc. I had previously dusted but all that did was transfer the dust from one place to another so I used some 409 on paper towels and redusted everything. Then I vacuumed. I must admit that I had never vacuumed that carpet and I've been living there for over 2 years. Right, I'm a slob. My mother would have a heart attack.

When I was ready, I went down stairs to get the barracks people to come inspect my room. They pointed out a few things that I need to work on for the final inspection on Saturday. Earlier today, I had gone to the motor vehicle office to get their signature on my check out sheet. Well, they wouldn't do it until I shipped my car.....even though I was shipping my car on Friday. I pretty much begged but they said absolutely not. So I had to change the appointment to ship the car for tomorrow afternoon because I need to turn all the paper work in to personnel no later than Friday morning. All this red tape is driving me freaking batty.

By the time we were done with the pre inspection I was having some serious withdrawals so Matt recommended I use the wifi connection at the mall on base. It's pretty expensive but an addict's gotta do what an addict's gotta do. So here I am, parked in the back of the food court, typing away on my little computer and sipping on my Diet Coke. The woman on the table in front of me is looking at me like I'm crazy. Maybe it's because I'm setting the self timer on my camera to take pictures of myself typing.....who knows..... rofl. But who cares. Do heroin addicts give a rats ass when someone sees them shooting up? Probably not. So I don't either. I don't know when I'll be online again but I hope soon or I'm just gonna have to take up knitting to keep me entertained.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

hahaha..knitting! Good luck with that. Time is flying it seems from this side..seems like just yesterday you guys were dating..LOL..

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home