Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sans Car

A few months ago, one of the times Matt came to see me, I parked my car at the manned parking lot because I was running late and it was closer to the arrivals section and there was parking there for sure. I got out of my car, handed them the keys and rushed to the terminal. The wait wasn't long, which we were glad about because we were very eager to get back to my place (wink, wink). We went back to the parking lot, paid the fee and walked over to my car where the keys were waiting in the ignition. We got to the car only to realize they had locked it with the keys in the ignition, where they were supposed to be. I almost threw a temper tantrum. The custodians tried a million ways to open the car, they tried a make shift slimjim, they tried rolling down the windows, etc. Then they decided it would be a good idea to put a shove a wooden wedge between the door and the frame of the car so they could stick a stretched out hanger through the gap and try to pull the keys out like that. I kept wondering when they were gonna call the locksmith, as a matter of fact, I thought the must be on his way by then. But no, the locksmith never came, he was never called. Somehow, by an act of divine intervention, or something, they were able to unlock the car. I drove away incredibly pissed. They didn't even offer to give me my money back. A few days later it started to rain and I noticed that there was water leaking in for the gap. They had bent it back as much as they could but it was not enough.

This afternoon I was getting my car ready to be shipped to the US so I had to clean it. I put the vacuum token in the machine and proceeded to vacuum, except that the vacuum wasn't really sucking things in. I looked in the nozzle and saw a Tic Tac box stuck in there. I laughed my head off and got the guy to take it out and give me another token, free. After that was done, I went to the automatic carwash. I parked the car, put the emergency break on, got out and started the machine. Only then I remembered the gap in the car door. After the machine stopped, I opened the driver side door and saw what I was afraid I would see......half the driver seat was soaked through and through. LOL. I had to drive the car to two places, first to get the tags switched out and then to the actual shipping place so I got in the car and planed my right ass cheek all the way on the right side of the seat where is was dry and drove like that, half sitting, half not. It was pretty funny actually. I hope mold doesn't grow on there while the car is being transported.

Now the car is turned in and I have to resort to walking all over the base, which thankfully is not that big, and once again, here I am, sitting in the food court of the mall, typing away. This time I'm not alone. There is a woman sitting a couple tables down with her own laptop. It's nice to be able to share the persistent stares with someone else :P Now if I could only get people to stop opening the door behind me and letting the cold in, I'd be set! It's cold and windy out. Hello???? This is supposed to be the Medite-freaking-rranean!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home