Friday, May 26, 2006

I Got The Blues....

Not much has changed since my last post. I was really homesick/down the day before yeterday. I was just having an off day. I was bored out of my mind with no one to talk to, no family, no friends, nothing. I realized that it wasn't so much not knowing anyone that was getting to me but the fact that I have become so dependent on Matt for everything.f

I am not familiar with my surroundings, I can't drive, I can't do much for myself and THAT is driving me insane. I have lost my independence in way I never thought I would. I know that once I get settled in and get familiar with the area, the customs, etc it will change but in the meantime I am miserable. I love Matt, I really do, but sometimes I wonder wether leaving everything behind and moving here was a good idea. I have done this many times before and I t think it sucks that I have to go through it yet again.

To top things off, the weather has been total crap. Just rain and more rain. It's really bringing me down! I know that I have to get out there and make friends but that has never been easy for me. How am I supposed to make friends exactly? I mean, you don't just walk up to people on the street and ask "Hi, do you want to be my friend???"

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

You have my sympathy!

I've been here in the UK about 3-1/2 years now. I'm now married to my British husband -- almost 5 months.

But until I had my UK driving licenCe, I felt like I was a trapped teenager again...although in my 50's! It's not easy to move so far away from familiar people and places.

I love it here -- I truly do -- but I can understand your feelings. And I have my moments of frustration.

Come by Lord Celery some time, and maybe hearing the chuckles and rants of another US ex-pat will help a little. I hope it will.

I'll come back from time to time to see you as well.

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home