Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When The Going Gets Tough.....

The last few days have been crazy to say the least. Friday evening we signed the lease for the flat and got the keys. We went to the flat to look around for a bit, turn the fridge on, etc. We were going to go to dinner next and then to Ikea to walk around the showroom and pick out a bed to pick it up the next day with the rented moving van. That was the plan anyway. Just after we got into the apartment Matt's phone rang. It was the last company he worked for. Turns out they had messed up terribly and Matt was the only person who could fix it. They offered to pay him big bucks if he came in that night. He did. This threw our next day's schedule totally out of whack so after getting a bed at Ikea and assembling, we didn't actually started packing up at the old place until late afternoon on Saturday. We did some more moving on Sunday as well. It took entirely too long but we sorta needed the money.

I called Matt today to ask him something or other and he says "Oh, by the way, the company doesn't have any money to pay anyone so chances are we won't get paid" Oh by the way???? WTF??? They are waiting till tomorrow to bring some investors in and persuade them to, well, invest, only then can they pay their employees. I was just beside myself! What sort of company takes on employees when they fully know they can't pay them??? Well, what it boils down to is that if these investors don't wanna fork over the cash, Matt, and some others, just don't get paid for the work they've done so far. The thing is, without that money, we don't have enough to live on for the next month. I was completely speechless. I mean, we're not talking about a couple hundred pounds here, we are talking about several thousand pounds.....and that is just Matt's pay! He has started job hunting again today (he just found out too) and I think I just may have to do the same. This is just unbefreakinglivable.

As if life wasn't hard enough as it is, I am just going out of my mind at home all day with no internet, no tv, no anything. I don't know how much of this I can take. I don't even want to think about what's going to happen if Matt's company goes kaput. Ramen Noodles anyone???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home