Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Baby Bye Bye Bye

I was just by chance reading the news on MSN, which I don't normally do and a headline caught my eye : "Bass: I'm gay". Bass refers to Lance Bass, member of 'N SYNC and former love of mine, if only in my mind. In their heyday, while I was still in my teens, I was so in love with this guy. Nevermind Justin or JC, Lance was my guy. I went to an 'N SYNC concert (please don't flame me, I was young and easily influenced!!!) just to see him, even if it was from the nosebleed seats. I admit that I didn't like many of their songs, but I still bought the album because he was in it. They were just hot and I was a fan. Now, some odd years later, I am ashamed to admit this because I don't see how I could have been so blinded by their bad music and Lance's devastatingly good looks, but I was. Then again, so were millions of other girls who I'm sure feel the same way now.

I was very surprised when I read the article, I would have never in a million years thought he was gay. I just didn't see it, not then, not now. It's just one of those teenage fantasies where the bubble has been burst. It's like saying goodbye to a fantasy world you always knew you'd never reach. Now I know how women felt when George Michael came out. I wonder if young teenage and preteen girls nowadays have even heard of 'N SYNC.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=228739&GT1=7703

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home