Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Walks and Thoughts




This morning when Matt left for work, I decided I'd get up early (for me) and go on a walk. I had been meaning to do it for a while but it's just been so hot lately that I just don't want to get dressed at all. Today was no different, by the time I got home at 1pm I was sticking to my clothes. If I didn't know any better I'd say we are in the tropics somewhere and not in cold, rainy England. This heat really makes it difficult to do anything, inside or out. I just want to sit by the fan all day.

On the way to the walk meeting point, I started thinking about my friends when I was growing up in Cuba. How much fun we had! I kept fantasizing about the day I'd be reunited with my best friend Yunitsa. I can imagine us looking at each other and just going in for a big hug and not wanting to let go. We haven't seen each other in almost 11 years but we have spoken on the phone and I know for a fact she can't wait to see me again. For one reason or another, I couldn't actually see her when I was in Cuba last, which really got me down because I so wanted to reminiscence. This got me thinking that I want to go back this year. This time I want to travel more and do more touristy stuff. I don't really know what got me thinking about this in the first place, but now I can't wait visit Cuba, so much so, that I started looking up flight fares as soon as I got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home