Thursday, July 06, 2006

Short Women Don't Wear Pants.

Well, at least that is the impression I get from the fashion industry. I went down to Oxford Street this evening because I needed to get a pair of trousers for a job this weekend. I spent the better part of 3 hours in and out of fitting rooms trying on more pants that I cared to count. Pant after pant, it was just complete failure. It seems like you have to be at least 5'11" to be allowed to wear pants, otherwise you are restricted to skirts, and even then, you have to get "mid length" skits just so that it goes all the way down to your ankles. It gets really annoying after a while. The only way I have ever been able to wear pants that are not jeans is by buying "regular" ones and then have them hemmed. I don't know about the other short people out there, but it is VERY inconvenient for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger mk said...

It might not be convenient but at least you have a solution. For tall people, our only option is to wear highwaters. It's much easier to hem than it is to add on. ;)

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home