Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Excuse Me, I Have Breasts.




Sometimes I wonder if the designers of things like camera bags every think of women when they come up with their bags. I wanted to go on a walk in Hampstead today so I packed the brand spanking new camera bag Matt gave me yesterday. It is a sling bag, which in theory, is a great compromise between a backpack and a shoulder bag, except that they don't work for women, at least not for me, because women have.......are you ready for this???......breasts. No matter how I adjusted or arranged, the strap always came across my breasts, squishing them, deforming them and just making it completely uncomfortable. Is this a man's world or what??? I was really bummed because I really wanted this bag. This is not my first go at sling bags so I have decided that I have to stick to either a backpack or a shoulder bag, so much for comfort AND accessibility.

So, I packed my other bag, which is also the sling kind but has a thinner strap, and went ahead with my walk. It was a guided walk by the London Walks people. It was hot but it was a good walk. We stopped by the house of Judi Dench, Russell Crowe, and even Boy George amongst others. Hamsptead is a pretty and pleasant place, too bad we can't afford to live there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home