Thursday, June 15, 2006

Chili's and Spite




Today started out as a normal day, you know, woken up by the mail man, then woken up again by the Argos delivery guy, etc. After that I decided it just wasn't worth it to go back to sleep so I just lazed in bed for a little while, then got online. At about noon I decided I was starving and it just occurred me to that going to Chili's in Canary Wharf, an hour away, would be a great idea. So, I convinced Matt (didn't take much) and off we went. I had been craving a good steak for a while and we wanted to try the ribs to see if they were like the ones in the US (they are not). Man was it worth it! It was good steak. Not Ruth's Chris good but good nonetheless. I guess I was just craving some comfort food, a taste of home. This is all I have eaten today and I am still full. For some reason I got really tired after lunch and I just wasn't feeling good. When we got home I just went straight to bed and took a nap. I was feeling so weak that I had a hard time walking from the tube station to our home. The same thing happened the other day when we went to a kebob place. Very odd.

Matt was watching the show Top Gear earlier and they were talking about the movie The Italian Job, the remake. This show was shot before the movie came out (yes, it's that old) and they were just insulting Americans in general. This isn't the first time I see this on British TV, there was some comedian or other doing the same a couple days ago. It bothers me because I have never seen British people being so blatantly insulted on American TV. I thought Americans were the ones supposed to be self centered and obnoxious but I guess Brits have become just that in their effort to constantly snub and patronize Americans. They have become exactly what they have been criticizing. This is just my opinion and I realize not all British people are the same, but it sure makes living amongst them a tad bit difficult.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karma Shuford said...

hey chiqui -- just a quick question. wouldn't be pregnant, would you? ;)

karmat

PS -- oh yea, from now on, any time you mention being sick, or tired, or emotional, that is exactly what *they* will ask

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home