Monday, June 12, 2006

If You Can't Handle The Heat....

When I first moved here just over a month ago, I used to complain that it was so cold even though it was already May. I used to complain that it was always gray and rainy. It drove me nuts to not see the sun for over a week at a time and I prayed that it would clear up and the sun would shine again. Be careful what you ask for.....

The past few days have been pretty hot, but today especially. It was 28 Celsius/82 Fahrenheit but it was over 37 Celsius/100 Fahrenheit in the car. Just ridiculous. It was pretty hot, even for a Florida girl like me, but it's not so much about the heat but about the fact that there is no AC anywhere! I am used the heat, but I am used to the heat with nice air conditioning. The Brits' argument is that they don't need AC most of the time, and that's understandable but when they do need it, it would be nice to have, especially since most of them just can't cope with the heat. We went to meet a couple of friends for lunch and went to a kabab restaurant, no AC of course, the seats were made leather and I was wearing shorts. I sweat so much that by the time I got up to leave my ass was soaked and there was sweat all over the seat and running down my thighs....just disgusting. I don't know, but when it gets hot, it gets bloody hot, so just for those few days I'd get AC. It seems like there is just no middle ground, it's either cold or really hot, at least that's how it's been since I've lived here.

On a more positive note, I signed up for Weight Watchers on the UK site. I need to shed these pounds I've put back on and WW worked for me so I am getting back in the game. This time I will do my best to make it to my original goal weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home